VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 7600. The cutter stopped cutting

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 7600. The cutter stopped cutting in mid-sheet and I got a notice of a paper jam. I was using roll paper. I cut the paper free and moved the cutter carriageto the right. After adjusting the paper, I got the message "Service Req 00010005." I have tried turning the printer off and on and still get the same message. Also, I can hear the carriage making a brief sound before the message come on.
Hope you can help.
Best,
George Bedell
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue, to resolve it. Please follow the instruction below:

Simply make sure the cutting device is re-located correctly, and then turn the can activator section back over the top. This then allows the solenoid to activate the cam, thus moving the cutting device. All this can be done with the head in 'park' position with access through the front transparent flap.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to take this long to get back to you. It is hard for me to figure this one out. I do not know what the proper location for the cutter is. Nor do I understand what it means to turn the cam activator section back over the top. I am going to look for diagrams in the repair book for the machine.Also, the code for the error that appeared on the screen was 00010005, which means that the paper feed (PF) is out of sync.Your instructions sound simple and easy, as I am sure they are. But you are dealing with a fellow who knows nothing about printers.Best,George

Ok, Sir here is a link to the Service Manual below.

http://www.dtgweb.com/downloads/docs/SP76-9600_service%20manual.pdf

Free of charge.

Please consider a Positive Rating for the Service Received.