Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do I print documents on both sides of the paper with an

Customer Question

How do I print documents on both sides of the paper with an MFC-J870DW? Sometimes it surprises me and does it - I love it! - but I can't figure out why. I have a Mac; connected via wi-fi.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sort of printing is called 'duplex' printing. If you have a control in your printer's driver settings that reads, 'Duplex' or 'Duplex printing', then activate that control before sending the print job. Also, if using MS Word, be sure to set the printing controls in MS Word to duplex printing also.

Your printer model is listed as being capable of 'automatic duplex printing' (2-sided), so there should be no problem. Is it not capable of this because there is some problem or error? if so let me know please, and I will advise you.