Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

MX700 Made big noise & quit error code 5100

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get ink carts to move to center to temove
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That could be part of the problem.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

With it here clean the way I gave you before.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If the same error comes up follow the steps for it moving over to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No help clunk and error coce 5100
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not a good sign, how old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty? Behind the carriage there is either a white or clear strip. Clean that as best you can with a lint free cloth repeating the previous steps (without the cleaning) and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same bit - the print head slides back and forth - slams back and same error msg
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

"That is not a good sign, how old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?"