Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer and have loved it!

Customer Question

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer and have loved it! I've had it for about 1 and 1/2 years. Problem is occurred seemingly after two separate events.....1) I began using Adobe Photoshop CC - first 2014 - now 2015. Secondly (and this is really when it all started to be 'weird')...when I downloaded updated drivers for the pixma Pro... I DO calibrate my monitor screen - I have the Dell U3011....fantastic monitor. And I use the Spyder 3 - haven't updated that and probably should.
OK...but once I started using the new drivers for the Pixma Pro the colors often don't match very well! Mostly they do - but they used to be on target almost always! SO - once again - I am using the monthly subscription version of Adobe Photoshop cc 2015 - and when I began using that along with the new drivers for the printer things started to go wrong whereas previously and for quite a long time I had gotten fantastically consistent results! Do any of you have a clue what the trouble could be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with the print quality.

try the head cleaning steps and that should take care of the print quality issue. The problem is not with the new driver its the print head which need a cleaning.

Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer

The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print headcleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.

The procedure for cleaning the print head is as follows:

Cleaning

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.
    Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.

3. Execute cleaning

Make sure that the printer is on and then click Execute.

Print head cleaning starts.

4. Complete cleaning

The Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message.

5. Check the results

To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.

If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more.

Important

• Cleaning consumes a small amount of ink.
    Cleaning the print head frequently will rapidly deplete your printer's ink supply. Consequently, perform cleaning only when necessary.

Deep Cleaning

Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.
    Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.

3. Execute deep cleaning

Click OK when the confirmation message appears.

Print head deep cleaning starts.

4. Complete deep cleaning

5. Check the results

Important

• Deep Cleaning consumes a larger amount of ink than Cleaning.

Note

• If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, turn off the printer, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or theprint head may be worn. For details on the remedial action to be taken,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle - I've already done this right through deep cleaning....the probelm is not faint print or anything of that sort...it is color matching! Namely - seeing what is on my monitor reproduced accurately in print. Prior to the new drivers (in combination with Adobe CC 2015) I had almost no issue with good color matching. The consistency was fabulous! So it has been since the driver/new Adobe download that the problem began which is why I'm thinking there is something in that combination causing it. Otherwise I don't know what to think...as it is only in the last 2 or 3 monthes that I have had this issue.....?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I see you never mentioned about cleaning or deep cleaning the head in your question, however I can suggest you try turning off the printer or unplug the power cable. Remove the existing printer driver from the printers folder from the programs list. After removing the printer driver completely restart the computer and then go to the canon website and download and install the latest full version drivers software. let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure....I'll try...but it IS the latest full version of the driver software which I downloaded which then seemed to start the problem.....so it didn't occur to me to try again to download.....but if you think that will help I will try it!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

it will definately help, though you must follow the steps as i asked you to then it should fix the problem. The problem can be due to corrupted printer driver or color management, to fix this in a proper manner you will have to power off the printer and then remove the device from the printer folder and then remove the driver software from the add remove programs in the control panel.

Reboot the computer before downloading and installing a new driver set.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I"ll do that.....thanks, Michelle! Is there a way to re-contact you after I do this?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes definately all you have to do is open the justanswer email and you will see a button "view my answer" click on it and this chat session should be active again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks....I'll try now....bye for now!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

All the best.