Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I had a printer jam which I handled incorrctly by just

Customer Question

I had a printer jam which I handled incorrctly by just pulling the paper out, it teared and i pulled the last pieces out. The printer now prints blotches on certain horizontal lines - the pattern is constant - in other words the blotches/stripes are on the same intervals with each page printed.
Is there anything I can do to rectify this condition?
I have done all the cleaning/re-aligning operations.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

The printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink on to the paper from the cartridges.

Did you try cleaning the printhead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as per on screen instructions

I would suggest you to manually clean the printhead.

I will give you a guide which will help you to manually remove the printhead from the printer.

We will now try manual cleaning.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the printer.
3) Remove all the ink cartridges as well as print head from the machine.
4) Use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head and the contacts on each cartridges .
Note:You have to clean repeatedly until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
5) Then allow the cartridges and print heads to dry(important).
6) Then replace back everything.
7) Then turn off your printer for a minute or two and then restart and print a test page.

Tell me how it goes!
Please click this link to see how to remove the printhead: http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=52639