Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have just bought an Epson WF-2650; I have set it up and

Customer Question

I have just bought an Epson WF-2650; I have set it up and downloaded all the updates. I ran the trouble shoot function on the printer, and it says that everything is working properly but it is only printing with cyan. I have cleaned the heads several times. Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If this is a brand new printer, then you either have a defective printhead from the factory, or more likely the other cartridges didn't get all the packing materials removed, were not seated properly, or the seal wasn't pierced.

Lift the other cartridges out, give them a good shake, double check for any tape/foil on them, and make sure the bottom ink port has a hole poked in it, then reseat them and try to print again.

If still no change (no point in continued cleaning, it won't help and is just wasting ink at this point) then the head is bad, and you should return it to the retailer to exchange for a new machine.

Best regards,