John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am writing to find if there is a fix mac computer I

Customer Question

I am writing to find if there is a fix for the mac computer I bought. I had been using it on P.C.'s and other devices, but all windows P.c.'s are not working and I just found out my particular Pixma Canon Printer is the only model, number MX922, that it is not compatible, although on the box it says it that it is compatible (at least a Mac icon along with other things it has the ability to do) .... had I known that I would have purchased a different printer that would be compatible. Anyway, I am hopeful there is some way to make it work with my Mac, which it the only computer that does not have problem at this time, so this kind of sucks! Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. There are many versions of PC Windows, such as XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, etc., and there are many versions of Mac OS X version, such as 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, etc. So whenever you buy a product, you should always check if your computer version is compatible with it first.

But can you please click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your Mac OS X version, so I can check. I may have a way to get this printer working on your Mac computer.

And to confirm, the Mac computer is the only computer you are having issue with the printer right?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.