Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966
Printers

How do I AirPrint to canon printer LBP6030w with my iPhone

6? Need details.
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Printers
replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, this is not supported and not possible, at least not directly.

This is one of the very most basic model printers available, and while it does have a wifi function that can be configured, it is very limited in functionality. It is primarily intended for use with computers on the same network.

This model does not support "airprint" functionality.

There are some workaround options, but they can get a bit cumbersome.

You can download the Canon Mobile Printing App to your iphone, and print from it, but this is VERY limited, it really only works for photos and stored documents. You can't print emails or directly from any app.

You can connect it to an always-on pc, and then "share" it through a service like google cloud print, and print a few more things through that service

or you can buy an apple router, and connect the printer to it via usb: http://amzn.to/1P3hOFN

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have a Verizon MiFi will this take the place of a router
Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago.

The printer can connect to that hotspot in place of a router, yes. But every time that you disconnect that link (take the mifi somewhere else) the printer will have connection problems and have to be reconfigured via a usb connection. It is not a recommended method of using this type of printer.

You would be much better off using the printer on usb only, directly to a computer, and printing that way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
the printer will support a lan connection to a windows 8 computer. If so, how do I print from my iPhone 6 ?
Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago.

No, it will not support a wired lan connection.

It supports a usb connection.

It still does not and will not support airprint.

IF you configure the wifi connection on it, to a static (never changes or disconnects) router, it can have limited print functionality only from the special canon app, if installed on your iphone.

If your intent is to print from an iphone primarily, you'd be much better off buying a new printer that supports "wifi direct" airprint functionality.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Where iS the best place to get a driver for the printer for a USB connection?
Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago.

Well windows should be able to detect and install the right driver automatically since it's just a simple black only printer (not a scanner, etc).

But, you can download the official canon driver here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/laser_printers/imageclass_lbp6030w#DriversAndSoftware

Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,