John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My mfc 9340 cdw makes a grinding noise like gears slipping.

Customer Question

my mfc 9340 cdw makes a grinding noise like gears slipping. still prints but puts a burnt looking spot on the right side of the copy every 2 to 3 inches
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Please follow all the steps found here ====> The machine makes a grinding or clicking noise when faxing, copying, or scanning. What can I do? <=== CLICK HERE

If nothing works, then unfortunately there is an issue inside the printer, please don't try to fix it yourself as laser printers have high voltage components inside, so it need to be checked by a certified technician.

If you are satisfied with my work, please rate me positively, that's the only way for me to be paid by my employer, it won't cost you any additional money. Remember that the feedback you left here is not about Brother or this website, it is about my work in trying to help you solve your issue.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!