Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

We have an Epsom XP-400 printer. Yesterday, we cut off our

Customer Question

We have an Epsom XP-400 printer.
Yesterday, we cut off our land-line with Telstra and they gave us a small device to enable internet access - wi-fi.
On the printer we recorded the new SSID and password.
The printer status - states offline and will not print from our PC.
We printed off a Network status report re the printer. It stated network is working correctly.
Doug
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When you recorded the new SSID and password ***** the printer, was it showing successful on the printer's screen? Does the Network status report printout page show the SSID and the IP address?

If the computer is wireless, are both the computer and the printer connected to the exact same SSID name (network name)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8.1

Thank you. When you recorded the new SSID and password ***** the printer, was it showing successful on the printer's screen? Does the Network status report printout page show the SSID and the IP address?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was successful.
The Network status did show the correct details.
Wireless i think so.

Thank you. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, i need to leave it for now.
Something has come up at my end.

I'm sorry. Can I provide written instructions for fixing this issue, so you can try later when you have time? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Let me provide written instructions for fixing this issue, so you can try later when you have time. If needed, I can also connect remotely to your computer and do these steps for you.

Solution #1:

1. Open Control Panel
    (Note: To open Control Panel, type control panel at the Start screen mode, then click on Control Panel, or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK.)
  2. Then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  3. Then there, right-click on the Epson item there, and remove it for now and confirm.
  4. Click on the option Add a printer at the top, then it should detect your Epson wireless printer, then add it.
  5. Then check printing.

Solution #2:

- If it does not show your Epson wireless printer in the Add a printer option, then do the following first:

- Move your mouse to the top right corner of the computer's screen, then the Charm bar should open (or another way: Press at the same time the two keys Windows and I on the keyboard, then the Charm bar should open

, then click on Change PC settings at the bottom

, then click on Network option on the left

, then click on Connections on the left

, then click on the Connected item on the right

, then turn on the option Find devices and content

, then open Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, then click on Add a printer option at the top, then it should detect your Epson wireless printer now, then add it, then check printing.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please try the following:

1. Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, and uninstall all the Epson program(s) there.
  2. Restart the computer if prompted.
  3. Go to the Epson website below:
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=201986&infoType=Downloads
  4. Then there, download and install the item Drivers and Utilities Combo Package
  5. When prompted during installation, make sure to select the wireless network option.
  6. Check printing.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.