Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Printer says Turn power off and again. see your

Customer Question

Printer says Turn power off and again. For details see your documentation or visit Epson.com Error Code:OxFl
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me how long you've had the printer for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 1 1/2 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if you are with epson
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

I am an authorized epson dealer and repairer, but do not work for epson corporate. They would not help you at this point as it is past the warranty and no longer supported.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use, though they will usually last longer than this, but are designed for a maximum of 3 years.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $125; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This started with having trouble closing drawer 1
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That may be, but it is purely coincidental. The specific error code you are getting is attributed to a specific hardware failure, which is a "fatal fault" and related to the print head and/or logic board.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please stick with me here on your original question only. Posting new questions cost you more and hinders my ability to respond.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I closed the other as a duplicate for you, so it should get refunded automatically.

Again though, this has nothing to do with the drawer, it is an internal fault and will ultimately require repair or replacement, with replacement being more cost effective since you are past the warranty period.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.