Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have MX890 I am getting a B200 error code. there was a

Customer Question

I have MX890 I am getting a B200 error code.
there was a piece of paper jammed I wasable to pull it out after unpluging but still get the code
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

The error code b200 usually indicates an issue with printhead

there are few intermediate steps that we can try

turn off printer and unplug power cord....Keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on printer and check

if still error repeats try the below
remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

if even after that the error code continues the printhead may need to be replaced..

if unit is within warranty you may contact canon at 1-800-OK-CANON else if out of warranty you may get it serviced through a local printer repair store

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Let me know if you have any questions

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further