John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon MG6220. When I select the scan option it

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG6220. When I select the scan option it gives me the following message: The scanner is not available while in use by another application or user 2.249.0. I have tried pushing the scan button on the printer and doing it on the computer screen. I've tried quitting the program and even unplugging the printer and restarting. The other functions work. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working previously? When did this issue first occur?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have a Mac desktop. Was working last night, now not working. No, not available to do a remote support session now. So unless you have something else to try, will just have to stop for now.

Sorry, have you shut down / restarted the computer and check?

Was there any update since yesterday?

Is the printer connected to computer with a USB cable? Or is it wireless connection?

Thank you.