Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a paper jam in my PIXMA MX 472. I have lowered the

Customer Question

I have a paper jam in my PIXMA MX 472. I have lowered the front panel, I see the paper but I cannot get it out.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you review this video and follow the steps to remove the paper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lDG_UlqIdkI

It will take you through step by step on how to do this.

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I accidentally closed my safari window with my response so I do not know if you got my answer. I had done every thing already in video. So I took pliers to the papers that were jammed and got them out. For some reason printer fed about 4 sheets at once
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the next step was to try to remove it out with pliers, so you jumped ahead there.

The reason this can occur is the ends of the paper can stick, and then it comes through as a block.

I always recommend you flick the paper between your fingers before put it in the printer to seperate the pages, which will allow you to avoid this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you