Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I purchased the HP Officejet Pro 8610 about 18 months ago

Customer Question

I purchased the HP Officejet Pro 8610 about 18 months ago when I purchased an Imac and set it up with a wi-fi connection. I have had nothing but grief with it -- it does not, will not, cannot hold a wifi connection. A recent report of Wireless Network Test Results say "No problems found. Congratulations on the successful set up of your wireless printer." HAH! Apparently there is an unresolvable glitch between your computer and the IMac -- and I'm heartily sick of it.
Before I toss the printer out the window, I want to change to a simple Ethernet connection. Question: do I have to re-program the printer to handle Ethernet? Or can I just connect the Ethernet cord from the computer to the printer and get a reliable connection?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

No programming should be necessary. Just plug in the lan cable and it should work.

However, that lan/ethernet cable must go from the printer to the router, you can't plug it into the computer directly. You could do so however with a usb cable.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,