Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Why can't I find a simple way to switch from color to &w

Customer Question

Why can't I find a simple way to switch from color to b&w printing and back again as needed? I have a HP Pavilion p6644y PC and a Laser Jet Pro 200 color MFPm276nw printer. Please help, as I find this very frustrating.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the drivers, as distributed by HP on either an HP-branded CD that came with the printer(s), or else as distributed on HP's website, were installed properly, there might be an option in the printer's driver settings for 'Grayscale' printing.

But I suspect this may not be quite what you mean in your question. Do you mean, a way of switching to using only black ink for *all* printing? and back again to full color?

Though some printers by some manufacturers may switch to using full-color inks in a mix to produce black when the black cartridge's ink has run out, it is not a switch you can activate. Except perhaps by the 'Grayscale' option, in the printer's driver settings, when such an option is provided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click on grayscale, but it still remains on color.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's puzzling! but are you sure you are selecting Grayscale for the printer you have, rather than for another printer, or for a printer you formerly had but have not uninstalled from your computer, etc. ?

Is your computer a Windows PC, or an Apple computer ?