Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I HAVE A MFC-L2700DW PRINTER ThAT I CAN'T FAX OR ANYTHING

Customer Question

I HAVE A MFC-L2700DW PRINTER ThAT I CAN'T FAX OR ANYTHING ELSE ON IT. I switched carriers from the verizon netwok to comcast. I have a seperate line to the printer and another line to the phone. I'm really a novice user and need help in getting this printer to work. Another problem i have is my fax is set for "fax/tel" and not sure if this is the right setting so when the tel rings it doesn't go to the fax and visa versa. My node is network 2
home-29dz.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time.)

The problem is, most likely, that you switched to Comcast phone service. That would be digital phone service. And digital phone service often does not support faxing.

"Can't fax or anything else on it", however, might be something else: please describe whether the printer cannot do anything else, as well as (I expect) cannot fax. Can it print, photocopy, or scan?