John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My question was about the iP4950 Canon printer set up. A

Customer Question

My question was about the iP4950 Canon printer set up. A Driver is in play, but does not recognise the Printer attached.
The HP Notebook 15 is 64-bit, Window 10.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. What is the Printer that is in question here Sir or Madame?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer is a Canon iP4950. I used it with my previous Lap-top with success. Attaching it to the new HP Notebook has been difficult. The driver is there, but the HP Notebook dies not recognise it.

Ok, please follow the link below. It will detect your version of Windows, if not, You can select the correct version from the Drop Down Menu on the page.

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip4950.aspx?type=drivers&language=&os=WINDOWS%208.1%20(64-bit)