John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have the epson wf-2530 and via USB i can print fine but

Customer Question

i have the epson wf-2530 and via USB i can print fine but when trying to scan i get comms error check cable connection.
when it says select PC and USB connection there are no up and down options to select
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to scan with the EPSON Scan program on the computer's screen?

Was scanning working previously on this printer with this computer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know what you mean......scan on the computers screen???
Trying scanning for the first time,have Vista

Do you see the program called EPSON Scan on your computer? If yes, can you open it and scan?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can fix the scanning issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no Epson scan listedIm not signing up for additional costs,forget the hard sell an answer to my problem would be great

I'm sorry. There is no additional charge at all, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the scanning issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no,forget it,im not letting anyone connect

I'm sorry, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is a lot quicker and easier for you because I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, I can provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue.

Please reply at the box below, and let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Thank you.