Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I'm having a problem I've never had before with my CanoScan

Customer Question

I'm having a problem I've never had before with my CanoScan 8800F scanner. Using MP Navigator EX 1.0 whenever I try to initiate a scan it gives me the message "Error in scanner. Turn off scanner and follow instructions in manual. Scanner driver will be closed. (Code:100)
250.0.0"
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That could be a problem with the scanner, or it could be corrupted drivers or software on your computer.

I would advise doing a power-Off reset of the scanner... but you probably have done so. Also, reading your account of what you have done, it seems you have tried the same scanner with several computers and it failed similarly with all of them. If so, then you probably have a defective scanner, in need of either repair or replacement - from several previous cases the error message is typical enough of hardware failure in this model line of Canon scanners.

Make sure the lock switch is not thrown to the LOCKED position on the scanner. (Not that it would produce that error message if it were, but it certainly wouldn't help the scanner to work, at all, if it were LOCKED.) After that, the question is, whether the scanner is within its 1-year warranty period and thus covered by Canon's 1-year warranty... if it were, then contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and put in a failed-within-warranty claim for free servicing on it.

If it is out of warranty, the choice is between repair-servicing it, or replacing it.