Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Epson artisan 810 has general error- how do I cancel the

Customer Question

my Epson artisan 810 has general error- how do I cancel the error?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Open it as if you are going to change the ink, is the carriage stuck on the right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.
Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the error is still there the carriage did not return to the left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am here you need to give me time to type please.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

How old is the printer? Did you get an extended warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printer is about 3 years -no extended warranty.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok . I'm signing off -thanks for trying.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It looks like no one picked this up so I will continue with you. Look inside around the cartridges again behind them you should see either a white or clear plastic strip, clean that as best you can and test the printer again. If the same thing happens, is the error only showing on the computer?