Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a Lexmark 2600. The printer will not turn on. It says

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark 2600. The printer will not turn on. It says that the printer is paused and idle. I have checked all connections and the printer will still not come on.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does the printer show any sign of power at all when you try to turn it on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I checked all connections, the copy light did come on but when I tried to use, the copy # ***** off and the printer would not turn on.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is a very bad sign. Even if it is working with other devices disconnect all cables from the printer and connect it to a different outlet, in a different room is best. Push down hard on the power button when you do and see if anything changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outlet is working just fine. Nothing happens when I push the on button.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It seems you ignored part of my reply "Even if it is working with other devices" you need to try what I just sent you. It has nothing to do with the outlet, it is more of a reset for the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I unplug everything, won't that shut down my computer and my contact with you?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

No only disconnect the cables from the printer, the power cable from the printer should not have anything to do with power to the computer they should each have a different power cable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done as you asked. when I reconnected the power cord, the copy # ***** came on but when I pressed the power button the printer went off and would not come back on.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not good, how old is it? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 years old. I don't believe I have an extended warranty
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately from what you are describing you would need to replace a part in order to fix this. Usually the logic board, but without a warranty this can be expensive. The part alone not including any labor normally costs between $75 and $100. Due to that some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Lexmark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** am not satisfied with the help I received. How do I cancel the monthly charge.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I will send a report in to make sure it is a one time fee only for you. Please also note the very first thing I did was tell you that you may need a part to fix this, and you needing one is something I have no control over whatsoever. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Lexmark.