Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I am trying to uninstall the software PIXMA MX890 series

Customer Question

I am trying to uninstall the software for my PIXMA MX890 series printer but it won't let me uninstall the MP drivers. How can I uninstall the drivers?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

What is the issue with your printer that you need to uninstall it?

Does this issue occur even if you shut down / restart the computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my printer will not print although it puts out paper as through it is going to print something. i want to reinstall ny printer software but it will not let me uninstall the MP drivers for this printer

Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass fine (not printing from the computer)? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it will not print from the glass.

That means the issue is not with the computer, but the issue is with the printer. On the printer, can you go to menu/setting and clean the print head, etc., then see if you can make a copy first? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned the printer head but I still can't make a copy

Does this affect both black and color? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. And I just replaced the cartridges.

Can you try Deep cleaning and Roller cleaning, then see if you can make a copy from the glass? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You realize I have uninstalled all the software on my computer except the MP drivers. I still need to be able to reinstall the printer software on my computer.

I know; don't try to troubleshoot the computer until the troubleshooting is done on the printer first. Just follow my steps please: On the printer (not on the computer), go to Menu -> Maintenance, do Deep cleaning and Roller cleaning, then see if you can make a copy from the glass. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you said but did not get a printed copy.

I'm sorry, it looks like the printer is bad, but can you restart the computer, then see if you can uninstall the MP Driver on the computer? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I restarted the computer but still can't uninstall the MP drivers.

Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type services.msc then open the item Print Spooler there, then click on Stop, then see if you can uninstall the MP Driver, then click on Start for Print Spooler. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still get the message that the printer driver is in use and it won't uninstall.

Stop Print Spooler again, then press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type spool then open folder PRINTERS, then delete everything in it

, then try to uninstall

; if needed, Start Print Spooler, then follow steps at

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=55643

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was noting in the printers folder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already deleted or removed the printer references from this page so I can't do what is suggested in the instructions.

Sorry, how about in Devices and Printers, click on another printer item there, then click on Print server properties at the top, then click on Drivers tab, then select the Canon... item(s) and remove it? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, that worked. I'mnow going to try reinstalling the printer software.

Great. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,