John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Out of no where my MX892 has stopped printing and displays

Customer Question

Out of no where my MX892 has stopped printing and displays the error U052. This is stupid as it occurred whilst printing a number of documents so nothing had changed. You must have a solution for this fault . Please help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

How did you clean it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WASHED IT UNDER RUNNING WATER.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok how old is the printer'? If over a year old did you get an extended warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TWO YEARS OLD, AND NO I DID NOT GET EXTENDED WARRANTY.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately when cleaning does not help the print head needs to be replaced to fix this. If it was under warranty this would normally be covered. When not under warranty this is the cheapest I have found the part: Click Here The part number is ***** if you want to look somewhere else. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.