John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a MFC-J4420DW printer. The printer is WI-FI connected

Customer Question

I have a MFC-J4420DW printer. The printer is WI-FI connected to a Mac running OSX 10.10.5. The printer has begun acting irregularly. Currently it will not print. Using the Mac system preferences/printer I can access the printer queue and view the list of documents waiting but they will not print and the code is either looking for the printer, or printer not connected. Mac/Systems preferences/network indicates that the wireless/wi-fi network is on and active. The Brother printer appears to be on and functionally normal. I am able to copy using the printer controls directly. Can you suggest any solutions or approaches to resolve this problem. Rod Katz, baffled user
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

May i connect with you remotely to check and troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks