John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My scansnap S300 is just flashing blue light. have changed

Customer Question

my scansnap S300 is just flashing blue light. have changed cables and also updated software. tried on two different computers. same problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

I have seen this issue before and was fixed installing the right software version. Please let me know what OS versio do you have in your computer, go to www.whatsmyos.com and let me know the exact version.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One computer (the one I use most) is Win8.1 Pro. The second is Win 7 Pro.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to add 64 bit to both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ScanSnap Manager version 4.2.L32
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That looks good, it should work. Have you tried also changing the USB cable to a different USB port in your computer?

Also, please uninstall the software, restart the PC, then install the V4.2L14 version, then update to the V4.2L32 and see if it works.

Please keep me posted!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay won't be able to do this until tomorrow. will let you know how it goes.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No problem, please keep me posted when you have time. No rush!

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I:
deleted the scansnap manager
restarted the computer
installed the V4.2L14 version
restarted the computer
installed the V4.2L32 version
plugged in device
still flashing blue light
changed usb cable
still flashing blue light
am going to restart computer (again).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay restarted computer.
Light still flashing
Icon in task tray has line through it (that tells me it's not being read by the computer)
Have gone to Devices. Not listed
Have done "Add Device"
Computer is not finding it.
Have unplugged and re-plugged device.
Still a no go.
Unplugged from my docking station. Still flashing.
I have unplugged everything except my mouse. The computer is not reading the device.
About to stand on my head.I love my scansnap and can't afford a new one. Help!
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you. Are you using a docking station? Have you tried connecting the Scansnap directly to your computer (not to the docking station)? Also have you tried using the scansnap from another computer in order to isolate the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to all of the above.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That's weird, it should work connected directly to a USB port on the computer (not through a hub or a docking station), so if it is not working connected directly and with the newest software, then it seems the unit is defective, unfortunately.

As a "workaround", I found the same model for $42 here ===> Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 S300m Scanner

You may want to buy it if you really want the same model.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====