John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP suddenly will not

Customer Question

Hello, my HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP suddenly will not connect to my wireless router. I've not had this problem since installing the printer 2+ years ago. I've power cycled the printer and the router more at least, didn't help. I've made the printer search for the wireless router, but it does not "find" the router. Other printer functionality is OK. I have 3 computers on the same router and I am not experiencing problems with their connectivity.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Addendum: The printer shows in the "Printer and Devices" view. It is grayed out, however. In this view, I right-clicked and removed the printer and then added it. This did not resolve issue.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Have you changed your router recently? Or the name or password ***** your wireless network?

Also, if we need to reconfigure your printer, do you need the name and the password ***** your wireless network?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no changes in router or name or password. I have the name and password ***** router.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Which OS do you have in your 3 computers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer: Windows 7 professional.
Comment: Using email is not working for me in resolving this issue. I(t's taking too long. Paying $20 more for a call / chat, is not what I expected to pay. I'd like to cancel this service (this help service) and receive a refund of $23.