Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Epson WF 2540, I lost the handbook and I do not what happen,

Customer Question

Epson WF 2540, I lost the handbook and I do not what happen, printing are incomplete
middle part does not show the content . I bought a new black ink and replace the old one.
I went to the store Office Depot but they could not resolve the problem. I want to print the
email to me by the airline about my flight confirmation but only the borders are appearing
on the paper not the content/text?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did Office Depot say the issue is with the printer and/or with the computer? What did they try?

Are you still able to make a copy fine from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Are you able to print anything else fine, such as a document, a picture, a web page, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Office Depot told me to contact you about the issue
No fine copy made by the office depot representative
No
Windows XP
For your info I just purchased the unit last January, 2015 and was able to print all the documents I needed, it is only last month the
the problem exist aftre my daughter printing some voluminous documents.

Sorry, so if you put something on the printer's glass, then press the copy button on the printer, then it makes a copy and it's bad right? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it printed good

You mean it copied good (not printed)?

Can you confirm you have windows xp (or windows vista or 7 or 8 or 10, etc.)? Go to Control Panel -> System and check.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
copied good
Windows vista

Thank you. This confirms the issue is with the computer, not with the printer. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a fee to fix it ?

Yes, I'm an independent computer tech. You already put in a deposit; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know if how much you will charge me?

I'm the computer tech, so I'll have our customer service checks with you about the billing, but it's the exact amount you've agreed in the beginning. Did you also receive email messages from JustAnswer? In the mean time, can I fix the issue for you now? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean the $23.00 fee is what I'll be paying for your service.? or give your phone no. because i might be paying too much, and will just contact you when I am ready.

There is no additional cost at all. I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok!

Thank you. Please please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4d988528-788f-480d-aae3-5b870ef692e5

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas, so I'm opening the issue to other experts. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.