John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Officejet 6500 printer/scanner. I have scanned

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet 6500 printer/scanner. I have scanned documents many times on it. When I tried today it said "No scan options" Whasup wit dat? (A little Cajun lingo there)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to scan from the computer (not from the printer)?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm totally, or mostly, computer dyslectic. I don't know what you mean about scanning from the computer. Also, I thought I had an ongoing account with JustAnswer so I don't have to pay each time I use y'all

I'm sorry; I'll have our customer service check on on this, but yes, if you have JustAnswer subscription, then you do not pay each time. In the mean time, can I connect remotely to your computer and fix the scanning issue for you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Go for it! I'm also having a #$%&&*%$ of a time lately with notices that say "Pop up's blocked. Allow one time, Etc!" Drives me crazy!!!

Thank you. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e7e2e7d2-bf8e-4d26-94d1-069d0e53cc4d

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

When you have time, please try:

1. Press the Setup button on the product control panel.

2. Press the Arrow button to select Network Settings, and then press the OK button.

3. Press the Arrow button to select Network Setup / Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press the OK button.

4. Then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

- If that does not work, can you get an extra Ethernet /network cable? The Ethernet/network cable looks like in the image at the attachment website link below below (it can be any color):

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.