Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My son pulled paper when there was a jam from paper feed

Customer Question

My son pulled paper when there was a jam from paper feed while copying. Now paper will not feed. Help. Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How new is the printer? if it has worked before this in its current installation, that makes the object being 'shipping tape' somewhat less likely.

Sometimes pulling the paper out can disorder or even 'break' the printer, so when paper is jammed in a printer, it is as well to follow procedures given for your printer, exactly.

The question is: Was that indeed shipping tape, do you think, or was it something else?

And, does the printer feed in paper, after the paper has been reloaded into the paper tray, and not more than 30 sheets loaded, and the printer is also (while the paper is being reloaded carefully) turned Off for at least 5 minutes ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is about 1 1/2 yrs. old. never had problems before. looks like shipping tape. I am talking about feeding the paper as if to fax It does copy, and take things from tray, but will not feed things from top tray as if to copy or fax including one sheet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since you wrote yesterday and this is sat. and I will be in the office for a short time, how does this work? thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I fixed it .
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear that it is fixed.

I presume that an opening and examination of the ADF feeder (on top of the printer) solved the problem... and if so, perhaps that really *was* packing tape.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.