MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a Canon MX452 Printer/scanner. It was connected

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX452 Printer/scanner. It was connected wirelessly to a Windows 7 desktop. I have installed windows 8.1 now. I cannot get thew scanner to forward scns to the computer. I have been through the connection procedure a number of times. It works fine up to the point where the blue light flashes, Once or twice the panel said "connected" but but it wasn't. I have re-installed using the original CD. Nothing works.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your printer?

Also were there any power outages or storms just prior to this problem?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's between five and ten years, I think. No power outages.

Hi thanks for all that info.

Did you find the printer in this state when you tried to send a print file, or did this happen during print work?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I tried to send a print file to my desktop (as I had done previously) it didn't connect. The printer information panel shows: USB cable" as the only alternative. It used to show "Wireless" or "WiFi" as a choice. I have done the install process several times. Sometimes the info panel show "connected" but it isn't, other times it simply runs out of time trying to connect and a warning bell rings. I have re-installed the CD and specified the WiFi connection as a choice but no improvement.

Thank you for that,

In this case unfortunately the port is out of order and the WiFi circuit has developed a problem. This one would need an experienced technician to performm some tests and kae the repair. This unit emplys Surface Mount Technology, (super tine components) they need specialized equipment and lots of soldering experience to bake that repair.

I wish I had better news for you I really do. But even a repair isnt going to be worth the cost of labor and parts;-(

I really would just buy a new printer even me;-)

The new ones have way more capabilities, are much more reliable and cost less that that one did years ago.

But, if money is no object I will help you fix this one;-)

More than happy to help.

But this one is at its end due to this electronic component failure I'm afraid.

Please let me know if you want to persure this option?

Or anything else I can do to help Im here;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that if I set the scanner/printer as my preferred printer (i usually print instead on a Canon Pixma 4500) it will print readily from the PC, even though it's not wired to it. So it receives WiFi but doesn't send it.

Hi thanks for addign that, but this is still the same issue unfortunately;-(

That part of the system actually sends and receives the information so it can fail either altogether or one way transmissions. EIther way and I know this is a nice unit and its a shame but believe it or not, it will be much less expesive to simply replace that one now a days. They have gotten so inexpensive and they expect you to replace it when something happens like this.

You know something, sometimes its even cheapper to replace the printer, when the ink runs out lol;-)

They have so many rebates that the printers end up costing less that $100.00.

It really is better to just replace this one, then you will have what I call INSTANT Gratification lol;-) You will have new printer that WORKS and you will save money and you will have it NOW lol!
Have a great day and please let me know if you need me further.

Please don't forget to rate kindly before you go.

Have a nice Saturday;-)

Tech Michael

Tech Michael