WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I attempted to run some vinyl sheets through my brother

Customer Question

I attempted to run some vinyl sheets through my brother 9970CDW printer and it jammed. After clearing thew jamm a message come up to close the fuse cover in the rear... After figuring out what the cover was, I noticed that plastic lever was broken due to removing the ppaper jam. Can this be fixed?
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can answer your question.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

I've had this same problem before and tried to glue the lever, but it would never hold.

Unfortunately, the level cannot be fixed. If you can, try to move the level in the place it needs to be by using a small screwdriver to lock it in place.

Otherwise, you can try to check if your printer is under warranty for a replacement part. Which may end up being much more than just the lever, but the part it belongs to.