Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Canon Pixma 990 is approximately 8-'10 years old. It does

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma 990 is approximately 8-`10 years old. It does not respond to me when I click the "download manual". The Staples store in Philadelphia at 15th and Chestnut finds
it did not have the 'grey' ink refill cartridge. I have been unable to find it for sure on my
Dell computer. I need to be able to use my printer and it continues to tell me my replacement cartidge, ordered from LD for "Canon PIXMA MP980" (have I made a serious error here by calling it 980 or have they made the error in sending it) Has your printer and
its specific inks become out of date? Please advise me how to depend on your printer and
an ongoing ink supply - or not to. I can't spend all my time looking for answers and am
turning to you for them>
Please help me. Up until now I felt more competent.
Thank you so much.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

This machine uses CLI-221 cartridges which you can still buy at the following website:

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cli-221-gray-ink-tank

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.