Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a hp envy 7640 e-aio printer. I have been trying to

Customer Question

I have a hp envy 7640 e-aio printer bundle. I have been trying to print from my phone they keep asking for a password & I cannot find it in my paperwork. how can I find out the password?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the password
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new printer or was it working previously with your phone?

What's the model of your printer?

What kind of password ***** ***** asking for?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device, if any? And/or who's your internet service provider, if any?

Do you also have a windows or mac computer? If yes, is your printer currently working on the computer (via wired or wireless connection)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a new printer. When I chick on connect that's when it ask for a password.

1. What's the model of your phone?

2. Does it mention about Wi-Fi Direct?

3. What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device, if any? And/or who's your internet service provider, if any?

4. Do you also have a windows or mac computer? If yes, is your printer currently working on the computer (via wired or wireless connection)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note 3 windows 8 at uverse

Is your printer currently working on the windows 8 computer? If yes, is the printer connect to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

On the printer, did you go to the wireless option/button and connect it to your wi-fi/wireless network name yet?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you I will check this out later.

You're welcome. On the printer, you would touch the Wireless icon on the printer, then select Settings (gear icon), then select Wireless Settings, then select Wireless Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name. (If needed, the wi-fi/wireless password/key/passphrase is at the back/bottom of your AT&T Uverse modem/router device.)

Full details:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-7640-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6617267/model/6617268/document/c04324958/

Also, on the phone, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name.

Then see mobile printing instructions at

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-7640-e-All-in-One-Printer/6617267/model/6617268/document/c04024231

, and

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-7640-e-All-in-One-Printer/6617267/model/6617268/document/c03722645

Please take your time, then please get back to me any time. Thank you.