Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Epson Perfection V600 Photo won't open anymore. My MAC's

Customer Question

Epson Perfection V600 Photo won't open anymore. My MAC's operating system is OS 10.10.5. I was able to use it previously but now it won't open. There is power running to the scanner as the power light is on. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try turning Off the scanner for an interval, for instance for about 1 hour or more, as well as unplugging it from the computer and from the power for that interval also.

Also restart your computer at some time during the time the scanner is Off and unplugged.

And check all cables to/from the Epson scanner, re-seating the cable as it may seems necessary.

What else to do depends upon the Epson scanner's manner of failure: whether it worked previously, or worked up to a given time then stopped working, or other circumstances. Let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all that. I'm pretty sure I need a different driver. When I was trying to find out what the issue could be it looked like that might be the problem. I was hoping you would be able to check to see if what driver I need for my Epson Perfection V600 Photo. I know sometimes devices need an updated driver for one reason or the other. Are you able to find out the exact driver this particular scanner needs to run on my Mac OS X Version 10.10.5
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is your scanner hooked up with a USB connection? I presume so. If so, it would need a driver downloaded from

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=139863&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X10

in order to work properly on that MAC OS X version.

Try deleting whatever the present Epson Perfection driver is, in the devices list, after again disconnecting the scanner, then restart your computer, then install the scanner driver from the referenced URL above.

If, after that, it still doesn't respond, you may have a defective scanner - but examine the USB cable to make sure it shows no signs of strain or breakage, and also try a different USB port and a different USB cable too, if it still does not work, before coming to that conclusion.