Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have canon MX870 series which is an all in one. I believe

Customer Question

Hi, my name is Marie. I have canon MX870 series which is an all in one. I believe there is paper stuck but I cannot see any in the places that I normally looked. The jobs keep lining up and the message on the top of the machine reads "Error Rear Tray There is no paper
Load paper and press OK". There is paper in the tray. Please help if you can.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help with the issue.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The problem is most likely the roller is not sensing the paper or picking it up in time.

Turn off the printer. Remove the paper tray(s) and clean the rollers using a damp paper towel. Move the rollers around to clean them thoroughly.

Then turn the printer on and try to print.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. There is no place to tell him that so don't charge me the additional money! Rating the lowest.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that the solution did not work. I will open the question so other experts can help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Turn the machine so you are looking at the back, there is a cover there you can remove. There is a tiny handle on the left and you would pull it towards you and to the right here is an image of it:

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/SolutionAnswer/MX870/t_tr_04a30.jpg

Try to remove the paper from there. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.