MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

Just sent message. Lost contact. Rita Broyles Brother

Customer Question

Just sent message. Lost contact. Rita Broyles Brother MFC-7360N. Can't get it to print - defaults to manual feed. ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rita,

I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Brother printer?

Also did it fail while in use or did you find it this way one day?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchased 2011 - working with no problem until I attempted to print labels from Microsoft Word. I have adjusted everything I can find to either auto or Tray 1. I can get the printer to External TAD and it appears it will work, but as soon as I try to print it reverts to Manual Feed. I need the printer NOW. Thanks so much.

Thanks Rita,

Please try something for me, shut down your computer and our printer all the way off.

then unplug you printer from the wall and wait 5 full minutes.

Next please plug the printer back in and turn it on next the computer, turn it on and wait until it comes up fully then let me know if you have the same problem this is a test that will tell me where the trouble is.

Thanks Rita, please let me know the outcome of this procedure please also do this in the order and timing specified;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 October 2015 04:10
Purchased 2011 - working with no problem until I attempted to print labels from Microsoft Word. I have adjusted everything I can find to either auto or Tray 1. I can get the printer to External TAD and it appears it will work, but as soon as I try to print it reverts to Manual Feed. I need the printer NOW. Thanks so much.OK After that procedure the printer printed one plain printed page, but when set to print the labels it reverted back to manual feed. I have to leave. Please e-mail a solution and I will follow your instructions later this evening. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK After that procedure the printer printed one plain printed page, but when set to print the labels it reverted back to manual feed. I have to leave. Please e-mail a solution and I will follow your instructions later this evening. Thank you.

Thanks for trying that test for me Rita,

This one will unfortunately require services of an experienced printer repair technician.

There is obviously an internal problem but i likely is on the main printed circuit board or the sensor related to it.

I would check locally for a printer service tech in your area but if you cant locate one I can check to see who may be available that I can recommend based on there ratings.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening Rita!

Tech Michael