Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

MG5300 printing only blank pages

Customer Question

MG5300 printing only blank pages
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. please make a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not used at all. Let me know how that comes out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
copy blank as well
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed, that is normal, just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
while i am doing this-printer worked fine last night. Only new instance is that my daughter emailed a google doc spreadsheet to my printer to print this morning and that began the trouble. So that you know, I uninstalled google chrome per her suggestion-reinstalled printer divers and then tried again to print-did deep head cleaning and I get light pink and blue bars-2 each while you review I will attempt cleaning
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is why I had you check a copy from the scanner glass. That being blank too rules out any possibility of the problem being on the computer and not physically with the computer because the computer is not used at all when copying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no print
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cleaned print heads still nothing when i did the test page
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Test with a copy from the scanner glass not with a test page please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't get how it could work fine all the time then my daughter emails a gppgle chrome doc to print this morning and now nothing prints?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

As I said you may need a part and they can fail all of a sudden. I still need you to test with a copy.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did-same result
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason