John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson Workforce 30 printer that only prints. When

Customer Question

I have an Epson Workforce 30 printer that only prints. When I try to replace an ink by pushing the ink button, the mechanism goes across and back, does not indicate which ink is low, and hides in its hole so that I cannot insert the new ink. My computer shows that the ink is very low in yellow.
What might be the problem? Can a computer repair service fix this?
I like this printer and am sorry they are being discontinued.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?