littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

I have a scanner model imageFormula Dr 2050C and I'm trying

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I have a scanner model imageFormula Dr 2050C
and I'm trying to make it work but all the drivers I find on the Canon Website are outdated... how can I make it work?
Thanks,
Kenny XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Which version of windows are you using?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

The current windows 7 drivers you can get from my link below

Click me to open

Make sure you are downloading and installing the drivers from there as this is the current ones and tell me please if they then install.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
those are the drivers I downloaded already but my computer says the application is Not compatible...and this is the reason I contacted you...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would it be my next step...?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I understand, just needed to make sure you were downloading from the correct place.

Which exact file are you downloading? And did you get the correct windows 7 version (32 or 64 bit)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
offers you windows 7 and windows (x64) is the same driver...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

They are different files.

I need to know please, Which exact file are you downloading? And did you get the correct windows 7 version (32 or 64 bit)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2050DRIT_V23.exe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Richard, I'm sure we can finish this questions pretty fast with your expertise...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure whatever issue I'm trying to solve is not that complicated...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt out of working with you on this.

you do not need to do anything, once another expert takes over your case they will continue with you.

Thanks and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why...?
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. You'll need to completely uninstall the driver in Control Panel before installing the driver. Once you do, the new driver will install properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Rusty,Your answer didn't help me, and I still need to work on installing the driver for my scanner...I can give you the best rating if you truly help me or I can give you the worst rating if you don't help me...why everybody on this website tells you for $20 we can talk over the phone and I can guide you thru, my point is this...does greed controls you guys that much ? That the $20 is more important than the ethics to work according to the website customers like me expect.Can you just guide me by steps in an email...1. Go to Canon website.
2. Download the driver
3. Install it in (whatever)
4. To make sure you downloaded correctly you should see (this icon...or whatever)
5. Mr. Rusty...is it that hard to explain step by step over an email...Please let me know if you can help me and I'll give you the best rating and I'm willing to work with you in the long fi because I'm willing to do networking...please advise.

Those are automated emails, they are not me. I'm here to help. Were you able to completely remove the old drivers before installing the new one?