Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My HP 5530 envy printer will not print my 5 x 7 photos

Customer Question

Hi my HP 5530 envy printer will not print my 5 x 7 photos correctly. I either get part of the picture or none and always black lines on the back of the photo paper. I think the printer is not grabbing the photo paper correctly as the whole picture prints if I put a piece of copy paper in the printer. I've noticed other people have had this problem as well. I'm using HP photo paper. Please help - thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is Michael.

There are several thing you should try.

- Do a Deep Cleaning Cycle on your printer through the HP built in Software on your printer or through Windows.

- Do an alignment which is also part of the HP built in Software in the printer or through Windows.

- If that fails, do a full Factory Reset on the printer.

- If possible use a different type and manufacturer photo paper to see if causes the same issues as with the 5x7.

Please let me know the results.

Thank you.