Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have an all=in=one MFC-J6920dw message on screen, paper

Customer Question

I have an all=in=one MFC-J6920dw message on screen, paper tray not detected. Have had this copier for over a year with on problem. Put new paper in and tried to turn it on and off, same message comes up.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question. The problem you are facing is cause due to defective sensor switch, which detect the position of the tray. It is a micro switch, which send signal to the main board, when you put paper on the tray or the tray is inserted in the printer. If you have not tried to remove and reinsert the tray then, do it once and check the result. If you face the same problem then, unfortunately the sensor is defective and in that case the only solution is repairing the printer, as the sensor is a non user replacable part.

Please let me know, if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give postive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** type of repair easy to get to or a major job?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

See, honestly speaking this type of repair job is very easy for any trained tech, but I do not know how much time they will take to increase the repairing cost.