Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Holloway. I have an Epson WF3540 that will not print yellow

Customer Question

Customer: Customer. I have an Epson WF3540 that will not print yellow and blue, although it prints other colors fine. It is out of warranty. I've tried new cartridges with no change. I also have cleaned the printhead repeatedly with no change. What should I do next?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is***** don't have any details beyond those I've already described.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, but please use my correct name. I am not ***** *****. I am Nancy
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question, the problem you are facing is caused due to clogging of the printhead nozzles. This problem cannot be cured by the normal cleaning process, to solve the problem you have to flush the printhead, to do that you have to use printhead cleaning kit. You can get it from any computer store or you can buy it from the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3540-Printhead-Cleaning-Kit-Everything-Included-600BRO-/141125538522?hash=item20dbbcd2da:g:3tEAAOxygj5Sk64~

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
March 10, 2016 - I haven't used this machine in a long time. Still having same problem with broken print lines on the nozzle check. I have flushed the printhead with a printhead cleaning kit. From the colors that appear on the blotter paper under the printhead, I am clear that ink is coming out of all the nozzles. The nozzle checks still have bro***** *****nes. I'm now getting error code 0xF4. I've done the same steps recommended by Epson Tech, including installing the current printer drivers and turning the printer off, unplugging it, replugging it and turning it back on. Same error code appears. Is there anything more to try before I just junk the printer? I've paid for a supply of cartridges for it so will lose that money. Oh well...