John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer stopped printing during a 30 page document. First

Customer Question

Printer stopped printing during a 30 page document. First few pages were fine, next 5 or 6 missing or faded text, last half of the document no print at all. Ink levels do not indicated need to be changed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

1- If you are not using genuine Canon cartridges, then please try first with genuine ones.

2- If you are using genuine ones but still have the issue, then try again running a printhead cleaning procedure.

3- If no luck, then the printhead may need to be cleaned with a cleaning kit, I found one here ===> Canon Maxify Printhead Cleaning Kit <=== CLICK HERE

4- The previous step should fix the issue, however if it doesn't then the printhead is completely broken and need to be replaced. This piece may cost about $100 or more, so it is probably not worth it. And of course, if your printer is still in warranty you can call Canon and get a new printer for free (even shipping should be free).

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====