John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a designjet 750c. I just changed the belt and cleaned

Customer Question

I have a designjet 750c. I just changed the belt and cleaned out dust particles and belt debris. When I turned the printer back on, the status display read "initializing." The carriage ran the full length of the track, hit against the left side once, then all the way to the right and hit 3 times just like the manual advises. But on the way back to the left it stalls and gets stuck in place. The printer never moves from the initializing status. I've turned the printer on and off, tried to adjust the belt tension, cleaned the encoder strip. None of that has helped. Any idea what could be the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Turn the machine off and try to move the carriage by hand, it should move freely. Does it get snagged anywhere along the guide bar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It moves freely by hand along the entire length of the rail.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Move it back and forth 3-4 times and leave it in the middle. Turn the machine on and see if it will go past initializing when you do this. It should detect the carriage in the middle and start the process over.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same error. It moves to the far left, knocks once, moves to the right, knocks 3 times then moves back left only about 4 inches and stops. On its move to the right it goes at a certain speed then slows down right before touching the cutter (which is stationed to the far right)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Is it stuck on initializing or does it show an 0x error code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stuck on initializing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.