Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have canon computer MG3500. I bought ink combo pg-240XL

Customer Question

I have canon computer MG3500. I bought ink combo pg-240XL black and 241XL Color to replace the ink. That is the one Staples recommended, because that is in the box combo, but it did not work. The answer I received from the computer is that the color fine cartridge did not match and will not be able to print. The sheet indicated that 240XL Black with 241 color match. Again the printer did not work. I ordered 240XXL, since I have 241XL color which the sheet indicated that is the combo that will match with 240XL black. It did not work. So I went back to the store again to follow what is inside the computer which is 240 Color without the XL and 240XL black. Staples store told me, the store does not have 240 color(without the XL) and therefore can not order it for me. They said the 240 color without the XL came from your manufacturing. I checked the ink that is in the computer which is 240XL black and 240 color without the XL. To remedy the situation so that I can print. I put the new 240XL ink and put back the 240 color ink.
The printer work with 240XL black and 240 color ink. The only problem I have is that I do not have a new 240 color. I can print the black, but without the color.
Can you please sell me the 240 color without the XL since Staples store do not carry that ink. I need your response right away and what store do I need to go to get the 240 color without the XL. Thank you. Waiting for your answer. My email address is***@******.***. Thanks. Rosalinda
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I can not find a regular 240 color cartridge anywhere, I have found 540 and 241 without the XL though and the 241 looks like it might be what you are looking for see here:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-5209B001-CL-241-Color-Cartridge/dp/B005WTSEHU

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.