John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a brother HL 2030 laser printer, it was printing with

Customer Question

I have a brother HL 2030 laser printer, it was printing with ink spots 6 or 8 down the page, with an internet service manual I did wrong procedure and could not apply the steps the manual asked me to do to restore the printer to working as it did before, help
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Please let me know which steps did you apply to try to correct the issue?

Also, are you using genuine Brother toner, or refilled/generic ones?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you know there are four lights, lined up above the GO button, the first 'ready' light is largest, the next upper light is 'paper', the third upper light is the 'drum', and the four light is' toner'... 1.- 5. are from manual..
1.open the front cover-turn on the power switch while holding down the go button..
2.all leds light up. keep the go button pressed down until the ready led goes off--then, release the go button land make sure that all leds are off.
3.press the go button once and make sure that toner, drum and paper led's light up.
4. press the go button twice and wait for two seconds, then the printer starts printing the grid pattern continoursly..
5.close the front cover, print app. 5 pages and keep holding down the go button until the toner, drum and paper leds light up. release the go button so that the paper and ready leds blink alternately. after two seconds Ready led lights up and is off. That is what the manual said to do... thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these five steps were not ease to manage, reading and reacting as the processes happened, was confusing... ...so the intended outcome did not actually happen as assumed, and the printer did not do as it was suppose , in other words it did not work... I will soon push the 'call me' button on the screen, correct...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the second questionsm, yes genuine toner powder ink...
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you! Are the spots in the same position always? Or random?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, nearly, the same position but I ready did not measure but as I recall they were making the same pattern... Ernest
have you send a response to my email, if I check the email will we lose this connection... ? Ernest
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No, we don't lose connection, I think we should replace the toner cartridge, and if this doesn't solve the issue then it is probably the fuser inside the printer. Is the printer still in warranty? Are you able to try with a new toner? Thank you!

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====