Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

After installing the software NEW Pixmar 2520 three times, I

Customer Question

After installing the software for a NEW Pixmar 2520 three times, I keep getting message -
Windows usb device not recognized. I am using windows 8.0 ALSO I tried to down load drivers on your website and got THIS MESSAGE "No MP Drivers are correctly installed.
Install MP Drivers so that the printing can be executed and THEN install the xps printer driver.......I bought this printer because I needed to print a shipping label for a malfunctioning computer and so far this printer problem has driven me almost bonkers
PLEASE HELP ME - I'm getting too old for this kind of Snafu.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

You may have a model that was packaged before windows 8 came out in which case the disc would not have the windows 8 drivers.

Go to this website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2520

Below the image of your machine click on drivers and software.

Now below that expand drivers to expand it, install the MP driver listed here it should be an updated version of what you have.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all let me say, how sorry I am for saying that I never even got to ask my question.
If you are familiar with Glen Campbell's disease ( I don't know how to spell it but it rhymes with
" Old timers disease " ) (( I do believe I am in the rather early stage of this condition ))
I have tried everything you have suggested, And received the following messages.
"No MP Drivers are installed. Install MP Drivers so that Printing can be executed AND THEN,
Install the XPS printer driver"
I just typed " fifteen minutes ago " a much longer reply but just as I got close to the end of
describing EVERYTHING....I hit the wrong key and it all disappeared.
Do you have the capability to enter my computer online ?
If you do, I'd much appreciate it if you would.
I don't have much money living on National Guard and Social Security Disability checks,
But if you can do that, I'd agree to pay you a small amount monthly so that I can get some
peace of mind, and get this damned nightmare fixed.
PLEASE HELP AN OLD MAN WITH TOO FEW TOMORROWS. ( And not much money )
Thank You.
Bruce Carleton
tel(###) ###-####
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts as I can not do remote right now. Someone else who can will be able to take this question.