Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a MF4880dw glass image printer scanner and fax. i

Customer Question

i have a MF4880dw glass image printer scanner and fax. i can't get the scanner to work with my mac I'm running OS X el captain 10.11 the printer is fine
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Scanning operations depend upon what driver is installed (and, what application software is being used) for the operation and direction of the scan process, on your computer.

You might need to use the Canon-issued software itself. For many scanning-capable Canon device models, the software issued with it is called MP Navigator EX. (Sometimes a program named Canon Scan, or one named ScanGear, is issued instead.) Is that what you are using? if not, I suggest trying it (or ScanGear), at very minimum. If it is not installed onto your Mac computer, I recommend obtaining it from a Canon source and installing it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/black_white_laser_multifunction/imageclass_mf4880dw#DriversAndSoftware

How is the MF4880dw connected to the computer? directly with a USB cable, or via network connection (either wired or wireless) ?

Does printing (as opposed to scanning) work on the computer, to the MF4880dw?