Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do I connect my wireless printer to my Apple Computer

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I first need to know the version of osx you are running on your mac. You can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Version 10.7.5
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Another question, do you know the name of your home wireless network, and the password ***** would use to connect a new computer, phone, etc?

If so, Then the first thing we want to do is connect the printer to the wireless network.. Once its connected to the wireless network, connecting the mac to your printer will follow.

The document below focuses on wireless setup of that printer.

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/375000-399999/398591-an-01-en-CANON_PIXMA_MX925.pdf

Basically, you go into setup > wlan > standard setup. (* I advise against the push button or WPS method as Ive found they can be problematic)

Once youve chosen standard setup, you just need to choose or enter the correct name of your wireless network, and then enter your correct wireless password. At that point the printer should connect to your wireless network.

Now, we just need to add the printer to your mac so you can printer. To do so..

Go to Apple, System preferences, printers & scanners

Then click the add a printer button, click t he network button.. Wait a few seconds. Now you should see your canon printer showing with an ip address..

add the printer.. And now you should be able to print.. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe my wireless printer is already connected to my wireless network because wireless symbol is lighted on the Canon Printer. Is my belief correct?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

The tech document isnt entirely clear. But I know on some printers the light being on means that the wifi is turned on, but its supposed to blink if its actually connected.

For good measure, can you run through on the printer control panel, setup, wlan, standard setup. And reconnect to the wireless network.

This way we will know for sure its connected. In which case, the following steps shouldnt be difficult.

Dustin S.